Monday, March 4, 2013

Biped, my old friend!

What's up everybody!

This month I decided to go back to my good old friend, the biped!!
I wanted to play around and practice my weight, body dynamics and do some different animation styles.
So instead of making a new post all the time, I will just be updating this one. That way it will be more organized and I can better archive the whole thing.

The post going to get big eventually, so come back often to see some progression.  I will do my best to add new animations daily =).

Day 1. Here we go, 1st one up, realistic animation practice (total time taken ~2hours):


Updated version:



Day 2: Some sword swinging attacks. This one took me ~ 4hours:




Day 3: Swinging on bar and jump! Around 4 hours to complete.




Day 4: Super Jump!! Took me around 3.5 hours for the animation. This time I wanted to make a small scene with motion blur =P



Day 6, I did a quick compilation of everything so far into one video, and made a few adjustments in some of the animations here and there:


Week 2, Day 1:
I am back! THIS IS SPARTA!:



To go quickly, I use the "Pose to Pose" technic. I just worry about the reading and the dynamism of the poses in the beginning and that's pretty much it.
My workflow consists of putting the character in a pose on each frame on the timebar.
For example: frame1: pose A; frame2:pose B; frame3;pose C, etc etc

This allows me to avoid getting distracted by timing and what not. Once I have a solid pose, my animation just flows from it into the next one, that includes the weight transfers and all the basic foundations. Only when I have the complete set, of whatever is I am animating, I then start my timing tweaking by taking all the poses and scaling them along the timebar.
This workflow works well for all sort of action animations that don't necessary need to follow a sound in particular.



No comments:

Post a Comment