Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Acting and Animation - 11 second club February 2013 attempt

Hello everyone!

First post of 2013, yay!!!
So here I am updating what has been going. I had a great new year start. Right after New Years feasts and celebrations, I landed a small contract to work at Red Barrels for a short time as a cinematic/trigger events animator on "Outlast". I have learned some new tricks and it was definitely a good experience.

But we are here for the good old animation stuff right? So here's what I have been working on lately:

I wanted to try out for this months 11second club animation contest. And here's what I have so far:


I started by listening to the sound over and over to see what ideas would match well with this little dialogue.
So what I came up with is a guy sitting in a park, on a bench, talking on his cell with his dad. Pretty basic right haha. I wanted to concentrate on the hand gestures and make it feel like he is talking with someone.

I filmed myself quite a few times, while listening to the sound, and while just simply acting out, without anything playing in the background. I took the best parts and put them together:





After a while, I could clearly see in my head what I wanted to have, so I skipped the thumbnailing part and went straight ahead into 3Ds max, blocking out my first animation pass. Here's how it looks so far:






Stay tuned  if your interested, to check out how this piece advances =).

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment